W. McCulloch & Son began in 1945 as a partnership between William (Bill) McCulloch and his son, Ron McCulloch Senior.
They converted a HV McKay header to fit on top of a small dozer to make the first track mounted auto harvester in Australia.
In 1956 the family moved from Leeton to Bendigo and started manufacturing machinery under the ‘Golden’ label.
Over the next 45 years they built 545 Golden Land Graders and 240 Golden Scoops for the agricultural industry.
William ‘Bill’ McCulloch retired in 1965 and Ron Senior took over management of the business.
Ron McCulloch Junior joined the business in 1967 and Ken McCulloch in 1971 and further diversified the focus into hydraulic sales & service.
In 1972 the current three-acre site was purchased on the Midland Highway at Epsom (Bendigo) and a factory built. The current workshop & sales outlet has been extended many times to cater for increased business activity.
Based in Bendigo, Central Victoria, we provide Hydraulic and Pneumatic engineering services to a broad cross-section of businesses throughout regional Victoria and Australia. We have built a large repeat client base, ranging from large international companies to very small businesses over the years, because of the results we deliver.