McCullochs offer a wide range of low-speed hydraulic motors designed for moderate to heavy load requirements. With the many variants available, it is always possible to find the optimum orbital motor solution for your specific application needs.
Orbital motors vary in size (rated displacement) from 8 cc/rev (0.5 cu-in/rev3) to 800 cc/rev (49 cu-in/rev) per revolution. Speeds range from a top speed of approximately 2500 rpm for the smallest type and up to approximately 600 rpm for the largest type.
Maximum operating torques vary from 13 Nm (115 lbf-in) to 2700 Nm (24000 lbf-in) (peak) and maximum outputs are from 2 kW (2.7 hp) to 70 kW (95hp).
- High efficiency.
- Smooth running over entire speed range.
- Constant operating torque.
- High starting torque.
- High return pressure without the use of a drain line (high pressure shaft seal).
- Long life under extreme operating conditions.
- Robust and compact design.
- High radial and axial bearing capacity.
- For applications in both open and closed loop hydraulic systems.
- Corrosion resistant parts.
- Suitable for a wide variety of hydraulic fluids.
McCullochs mini motors are ideal in industrial applications and for work functions in the mobile sector, e.g. mobile conveyors in harvesting machines.
- Spool valve integrated with output shaft.
- Gearwheel set with fixed rim
- Suitable for long periods of operation at moderate pressure and short periods of operation at high pressure.
Medium Sized Motors
McCullochs medium sized motors are light and compact and therefore easy to install in equipment such as forklift trucks, turf care machinery, aerial lifts, skid steer loaders and trenchers.
- Spool valve integrated with output shaft, except for OMEW which has a disc valve.
- OMP/DH has a fixed gear rim and is ideal for long periods of operation at moderate pressure and short periods of operation at high pressure.
- OMR/DS/OMH has a gear rim with rollers and is suitable for long periods of operation at high pressure.
- OMP and OMR are available as wheel motors with a recessed mounting flange.
- High pressure shaft seals are available on OMP and OMP.
- For use in corrosive environments, OMP and OMR are available with exposed parts made of stainless steel.
- Integrated negative holding brake option available on OMR.
Large Frame Motors
For particularly rough operating conditions, McCullochs offers a range of large orbital motors.
- Output shaft with tapered roller bearings gives high static and dynamic bearing capacity.
- Gear rim with rollers, separate valve drive and disc valve.
- High volumetric and mechanical efficiency.
- Long operating life at high pressures.
- Short and ultra-short (without bearings and output shaft) versions possible.
- Integrated flushing valve in OMT.
- Speed signals.
- OMS available as a slewing motor.
- OMT available with integrated negative holding brake.
Bent axis variable displacement motors
Advanced technology 4 sizes in SAE, DIN ISO, and cartridge flange configurations, 60 cc/rev (3.7 cu-in/rev) to 160 cc/rev (9.8 cu-in/rev) Cartridge motors designed for direct installation in compact planetary drives Large displacement ratio (5:1) Pressure compensated and two-position controls available Compact and light weight Speeds to 7000 rpm Pressures to 480 bar (6962 psi)
Axial piston two-position LV-motors
3 different displacements in one compact package Short installed length Compact design 3:1 working displacement ratio Zero displacement (degree) capability